Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
The position performs land care duties in order to maintain the overall physical appearance and condition of the grounds and landscaping for multiple cemeteries within a given market.
Learns the proper use and maintenance of all lawn care equipment and tools.
Loads, hauls, and unloads various equipment, materials, and supplies.
Performs the responsibilities of land care to include mowing lawns, blowing, edging, bundling debris, clearing snow, ice or storm debris from pathways, and similar duties.
Maintains tools, and equipment in clean safe working order including sharpening tools and washing or vacuuming vehicles.
Maintains a clean and organized work area and storage facility. Notifies manager of equipment that is damaged or in need of service and or repair.
Applies safe work practices and the proper use of personal protective equipment.
Adheres to company policies, procedures, and regulations. Completes required training as assigned and prior to deadline.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to operate company vehicles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability and willingness to learn, listen, and apply constructive feedback
Ability to use manual hand tools
Ability to drive all-terrain quad vehicles with hitched trailers
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Basic computer skills to record timesheets and required training
Process and continual improvement driven
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Work outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Frequent continuous sitting, kneeling, or standing up to 6 hours per day; frequent bending and stooping
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required to operate manual tools; lift, carry, or haul up to 50 lbs.
- May work beyond standard hours or schedule as business needs arise
Postal Code: 23150
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-VA - Sandston