Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manage the daily operations of a single Funeral Home location and single line of business. Foster a sense of ownership in the location and pride in the staff, manage costs in a disciplined manner, and encourage profitable case volume growth. Responsible for short-term planning as well as achieving annual sales revenue and production targets, Profit & Loss (P&L) goals, developing a professional and effective staff, and exceeding client family expectations.
• Manage the daily activities ensuring on-time services
• Assure the location’s operating practices comply with applicable federal and state regulations and Company policies
• Establish location goals and priorities
• Effectively present and communicate Company and Market strategies, values, and goals to staff
• Manage frontline supervisor’s responsibilities, expectations, and accountabilities
• Collaborate with local Management for resource sharing, ideas, and business or operational enhancements
• Work with Market Leadership and Corporate Departments on product, process, and technology needs and improvements
• Ensure the maintenance of facilities, and grounds are clean, manicured, and working order, budgeting appropriately for repairs including equipment and furniture
• Develop a strong, trusting, and reliable team
• Understand team members’ career aspirations and provide assignments to develop skills and or close gaps
• Monitor training and licensing requirements, ensuring staff is re-trained/licensed prior to expiration
• Participate in community, civic, or other organizations as a part of the local promotional efforts of the location and the Company
• Develop and or implement plans to improve customer satisfaction index and on-line community reviews
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical diploma in Funeral Services or Mortuary Science preferred
• Funeral Director license as required by state/province law and as prescribed by each state board
• Minimum five (5) years industry experience in the applicable discipline with progressively increased responsibilities
• Budgeting and expense control experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Financial and business acumen
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers
• Excellent customer service skills
Postal Code: S4T 0Y5
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: CA-SK - Regina
Req ID: Req.88455
Position Type: Full time
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V