Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides administrative support to a market office, funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Assists with special projects, research, and resolving problems. Schedules meetings, drafts memos, transcribes notes, and creates presentations, generates reports, an prepares and monitors invoices and expenses.
Management Administrative Support
• General office duties include, but are not limited to:
o Answers phones, giving information to callers or redirecting calls as appropriate
o Schedules meetings,
o Time Entry
o Makes travel arrangements
o Plans events,
o Completes management expense reports
o Responds to inquiries in writing and/or verbally.
• Other duties may include:
o Assists on special projects and other duties as assigned by the management team.
o Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and creates spreadsheets for stack rankings and tracking of key performance indicators
o Processes annual funeral home and cemetery license renewals
o Codes and scans of invoices
o Coordinates Sarbanes Oxley compliance
o Schedules call-in appointments for Sales
Staff Administrative Support
• Reviews and processes all required documentation and performs day to day administrative duties for funeral services/ burials and/or cremations in accordance with policies and procedures
• Files and maintains customer information for both new business and previous customers
• Maintains office and facility supplies as well as fax machines, copiers and network printers.
• Prepares Daily Schedules (Services, Who’s Up, etc.)
• Assists Human Resources (HR) with investigations, note taking and other documents
• Administers HR processes including new hire paperwork, background checks and bonus processing
• Schedules new associates for new hire orientation
• Maintains Market Leader files as necessary
• Enters contract details into HMIS and maintain other related documents.
• Orders and checks memorial to ensure accuracy.
• Works with pre-need arrangements and completes administrative paperwork.
• Assists in preparing and generating required reports
• Processes accounts payable and other accounting support transactions
• Maintains processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
• Trains others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate team members.
• May serve as Receptionist to greet and receive client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance.
• Maintains a friendly attitude offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the location
Postal Code: 61604
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-IL - Peoria
Req ID: Req.100448
Position Type: Full time
Who we are. What we do.
We are a company committed to supporting families at difficult times. Nowhere will you find a group of caregivers and teams more passionate about the work they do or more invested in the well-being of the families they serve.
The Dignity Memorial name is a symbol of trust and a mark of excellence. As the largest provider of funeral, cemetery and cremation services in North America, we're dedicated to celebrating the life and legacy of every loved one with professionalism, compassion and attention to detail that is second to none.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V