Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Learning to perform a variety of manual laborer related to the funeral and cemetery industry. Duties include, but not limited to, installing outer burial containers; lowering device set up; burial, entombment, and interment openings and closings procedures; properly hand dig graves and disinterment.
Learns the proper use and maintenance of jackhammers, tamps, equipment, and tools.
Loads, hauls, and unloads various equipment, materials, and supplies.
Sets up tents, artificial turf and chairs for services. Cleans material as needed. Breaks down tents, chairs, and turf and properly stores. Empties garbage cans.
May perform responsibilities of Grounds Keeping mowing lawns, blowing, edging, bundling debris, clearing snow or ice from pathways, and similar duties.
Maintains tools, tents, chairs, and all-terrain vehicles in clean safe working order including sharpening tools and washing or vacuum vehicles. Maintains a clean and organized work area and storage shed. Notifies manager of damaged or equipment in need of service or repair.
Applies safe work practices and the proper use of personal protective equipment. Adheres to company policies, procedures, and regulations. Completes required training as assigned and prior to deadline.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to operate company vehicles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability and willingness to learn, listen, and apply constructive feedback
Ability to use manual hand tools
Ability to drive all-terrain quad vehicles with hitched trailers
Professional verbal and written communication skills
Basic computer skills to record timesheets and required training
Process and continual improvement driven
- Work outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Frequent continuous sitting, kneeling, or standing up to 6 hours per day; frequent bending and stooping
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required to dig using manual tools; lift, carry, or haul up to 50 lbs.
- May work beyond standard hours or schedule as business needs arise
Postal Code: 73131
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-OK - Oklahoma City