Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Participates in openings and closings for interments, entombments, inurnments, and disinterment as well as the installation of memorials and markers. Performs grounds and facilities maintenance.
• Performs openings & closings for burials, entombments and inurnments
• Sets, installs, and assembles foundations, memorials, and markers
• Installs outer burial containers
• Handles and completes work orders from client families as it pertains to individual grave and marker maintenance
• Responds to and completes requests for service/work orders
• Conducts Interment Verification Procedures
• Conducts 25 foot radius preparation for burials and ensures the area is clean and neat
• Fills grave, tamps, seeds or sods
• Adheres to all Company safety rules and Universal Precautions
• Maintains and protects Company assets by performing regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area
• Completes Dignity University courses and other training as assigned
• Adheres to all standards of the Dignity Memorial Promise
• Performs all other duties as assigned by management
• High School degree or equivalent
• Minimum of six (6) months experience operating standard equipment
• Acceptable driving record and applicable license(s) to operate equipment/vehicles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw and pump
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, a dump truck, tractor, utility vehicle, marker trailed, dump trailer, jack hammer, tamper and backhoe
• Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yardstick, etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families Ability to lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to work in various adverse weather conditions
• Understands safety and security issues and implications
• Mechanical aptitude
Postal Code: 70124
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-LA - New Orleans
Req ID: Req.85625
Position Type: Full time
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V