Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides customer service in all areas of funeral arrangements, cremation ceremonies and interment to assist families following the loss of a loved one. Implements choices made by the families or legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Interacts with the family to fulfill death care needs.
• Performs on-call responsibilities including: taking first calls, talking with families, answering questions, providing initial details, and; conducting transfers
• Supervises and cares for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks such as: verifying identification; obtaining authorization for embalming; embalming; dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics; preparing cremated remains
• Arranges and conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures
• Negotiates and enters into funeral contracts.
• Handles contracts, legal documents, and collection of payment in accordance with company policies
• Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services
• Arranges for the interment or cremation of human remains
• Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
• Supervises/assists in funeral services by: supervising the parking of cars; ushering; driving funeral vehicles; assisting at chapel and church services; assisting at the cemetery; delivering of flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; setting up and removal of chairs, and; participating at special functions
• Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules
• Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor
• Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
• Prepares and accurately completes documents and online entries related to services, cremations, maintenance
• Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral and mortuary science as required by state/province law and as prescribed by each state board
• Embalmer, Apprentice or Funeral Director, Apprentice as required by state/provincial law
• 2 years directly related experience preferred
• Must meet all licensing requirements in applicable state/province as required by law and as prescribed by each state board
• Current state/province issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
• Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented
Postal Code: 75965
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-TX - Nacogdoches
Req ID: Req.85994
Position Type: Full time
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V