Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Reporting to a Location Manager this position is responsible for assisting with funeral home and cremation related duties. Duties include preparing for services and memorials, providing information on funerals, cremations and other related topics and preparing documents.
• Assists with the preparation for services including: delivering and setting up floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families, and ensuring proper care and storage of these items
• Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance as directed
• Assists with preparation of remains of deceased, including dressing and lifting deceased, or operation of crematory, as permitted by law and in keeping with company regulations
• Performs office duties such as answering phones and operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, postage meter and stereo/video system
• Run errands such as floral delivery, picking up of supplies, documents
• Serves as an usher and may park cars or perform some transportation requirements
• Drives Funeral Home vehicles for services and picking up families
• Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
• Greets and receives client families and other persons entering the office for information and assistance
• Accommodates the needs of the family during a service and or visitation
• May wash and clean funeral home vehicles and other client vehicles as required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school specializing in funeral service or equivalent experience preferred
• Completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school specializing in funeral service or equivalent funeral industry experience preferred
• Current state/province issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Good communication skills
Postal Code: 66112
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-KS - Kansas City
Req ID: Req.81006
Position Type: Part time
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V