Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manages the grounds provided at a cemetery or funeral home location(s). Performs all grounds keeping and maintenance matters on the properties and maintains the overall appearance of a cemetery, mausoleum or funeral home location.
• Mows grass, plows snow, waters lawns, fertilizes and trims shrubs, tends flower beds and regularly inspects assigned work areas to insure proper standards are maintained
• Operates lawn and grounds equipment including push and power mowers, snow blowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers and other related power equipment
• Removes debris and trash from grounds. May include turning down vases and removing wilted flowers
• Participates on teams for openings and closings for interments, entombments and inurnments
• May perform disinterment
• May determine the location and layout of individual graves with assistance, complying with verification procedures
• May perform minor repairs to the cemetery and or building systems
• May perform some of the duties associated with cremations such as maintaining inventory and complying with federal and state cremation regulations
• Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines
• May assist in moving and installing burial vaults
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 6 months relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer and leaf blower
• Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yard-stick, etc.)
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
• Physically agile and dexterous
• Ability to operate equipment in a safe and careful manner
• Ability to effectively work with others to accomplish tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with associates, contractor personnel and client families
• Basic computer skills to enable retrieving and responding to email communications
Postal Code: 77088
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-TX - Houston
Req ID: Req.83908
Position Type: Part time
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V